Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scrapped plans last year for a PDF tank and now want to start over again fresh. :)

Planning on either a 29 (30x12x18) or a 40B (36x18x16). Probably a 29.

I'm interested in the following frogs:

D. leucomelas
D. azureus
D. auratus
P. terribilis (mainly due to size, I would think they would be easier to feed)

How many could comfortable live in either of the above tanks (not mixed of course, single species only).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in all 4. I assume the 3 dendrobates would be similar in stocking levels? So I guess those vs teribilis is the main question?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

And the terribilis? 2? Or would a 29 have too small of a footprint for 2?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have 4 Galacs and they do fine. If you create levels/tiers on the 29 you will be able to hold more frogs. If you add a pond or water feature it will drastically remove critical ground space. Remember to calculate floor space and not the space in the air as frogs don't use that.. That's why creating multiple levels, adding twigs, etc will create more space.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Leucomelas: 4
Azureus: 2 (a pair)
Auratus: 4
Terribilis: Don't know, haven't kept them sorry

can i keep four azureus froglets 2-3 months old in a 10 gallon? if so for how long, thanks.
Probably, as long as there is sufficient hiding places and all get enough food. You will need to separate as they grow larger and become more aggressive, which will only be a few months longer most likely.
Bryan

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
30B/40B > 29 if you have the choice, the footprint of a 29 is not really a heck of a lot bigger than a 20H, and the terrestrial frogs you named probably won't ever use the extra height.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The leucs will use every inch of space you give them. Mine were climbing all the time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts