Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intermedius tank was invaded by ants and I had to move the little guy to a quarantine tank. About a day later I noticed he's got a little spot of nose rub. It's not terribly bad, but I was wondering what to do to help him heal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
one of my leucs had something similar when I moved him. i think he was testing the boundaries of his new, smaller, and clear-walled temporary enclosure. thus, he smacked the walls many times and bumped his little nose.
~the bump went away in a couple days.

·
Registered
617 Posts
ants suck

I fully sympathize with your ant concern. I am dealing with them as well. I also had a frog wig out from an invasion, a terribilis. He was found launching himself into the glass top of the ten gal he was in. He has a nose rub now. Do a search for Neosporin. That is what I am using on him.

Good Luck.

John R.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John,
Back in January my azureus tank was invaded during the night. It was so bad when I woke up that the two frogs I had in there literally fell into my hands when I took them out. Apparently, the ants went on a feeding rampage with all of the fruitflies that were lingering in the tank. They started a colony under a pilea plant and I had to flood the viv with boiling water in order to kill them all off. I havent had a problem in that tank since. And btw, my azureus are completely fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts