Dendroboard banner

North Texas May Frog Madness - Check Your Calendar

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  nonliteral 
#1 ·
I'd like to invite everyone in the N. Texas area to a little informal frog get-together next month, at my place in Rowlett (East Dallas, roughly; I'm about 20 minutes from either either the (east) intersection of I-30 and 635, or the intersection of 190 (G. Bush Tollway) and 75 (N. Central Expwy), and about a block from Lake Ray Hubbard.

I was thinking of doing roughly noon to 4-5pm on one of these Saturdays - May 11, May 18, or May 25. If you're interested in attending, email me at lawson at nonliteral dot com and let me know which date works best for you; we'll do it whenever is convenient for the most people.

Tentatively, I'll be providing barbecue (likely brisket or pulled pork) and hot dogs; once we get a date nailed down I'll send around a sign-up sheet for anyone who wants to bring sides, drinks, picnic-ware, etc. Of course, plan on bringing anything frog related you're looking to sell or trade.

Things are still in a bit of moving-flux here, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and having a first get-together at my new digs.

Hope to see you there!

#2 ·
Update --

We're on for Saturday May 11th, Noon - 4/5pm...

I'll have enough brisket, pulled pork and potato salad for a dozen people, which is a problem since we've only got about half that many confirmed, so get the word out! :) C'mon folks -- where else can you go and spend the afternoon talking about frogs without everybody thinking you're nuts?

E-mail me (or PM me with your email address) and I'll send you the address and directions...

#4 ·
So far, we've got people bringing coolers and ice, paper plates and cups, and cole slaw. Plus the BBQ and potato salad, of course.

Not sure what people are bringing as far as frogs/plants/etc -- there will probably be a bit of everything.

#8 ·
A week to go, and we're up to 8 or 9 people planning on attending, along with a fair variety of frogs, cultures, supplies etc. that people are either bringing or will bring if someone expresses an interest.

Plenty of room for more still, folks! For a small hobby, we've got a great group of local froggers, and here's your chance to get to know them, find out who's keeping what, get advice, tips, gossip, etc. It doesn't matter if you have one frog, a hundred, or are just thinking about getting started.

If you're interested in attending, PM me your email address and I'll send you the email with directions, who's got what to bring, etc.

#11 ·
bump -- we're up to a dozen or so people coming to enjoy barbecue, swap frog gossip (and frogs!) and just generally meet and hang out with other crazy frog people; still plenty of room for more! PM me your email, and I'll send you all the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.