Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading up a lot on the beginner articles here but still have a few questions.

1. Noone really says how often or what to feed. I understand there are variables such as age, humidity, season, and so on, but are there any good "Guidelines"?

2. What is everyones opinion on Exo-Terra tanks? I think they'd be nice because of the front opening on the tanks, but then again I'm a total Noob at this whole thing, so it's better to ask the knowledgeable then to make mistakes and waste money and possibly not give frogs the best possible living conditions.

3. What would be a good beginner species that is a social species? I think personally it'd be way more interesting to have a group of 4-6 opposed to 2.

4. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder in SE Wisconsin, northern IL.?
I'd really like to talk to a few breeders close by, maybe see some of their vivariums. I really want to be the more prepared I can be before I purchase any frogs. I really don't wanna have a unprepared "Test batch" of frogs.

Thanks ahead of time. I'm just trying to do research before I purchase any frogs.
I fully intend to do quiet possibly 100+ more hours of research, I want to provide the best living conditions I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been reading more about Frogs, tank construction, plants and needless to say, my mind is BLOWN.

I knew this was going to be extensive but I had no idea that this was gonna be this in-depth. I'm seriously glad I started researching this before I purchased anything.

I was seriously considering going a front opening or exo-terra route.
But after discussing it with a friend we came up with the idea of getting a Reef-ready aquarium. It was holes pre-drilled in the back, and is all covered. I could use one hole for drainage, and use another for pipping up a misting system. At the top of the cover in back we were talking of cutting holes to run nozzles for the misting system so we could run them around the upper rim of the tank. All the plumbing would be self contained and hidden.

Has anyone on here done anything of that nature?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.