Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll comment on the enclosures.

I will be certainly hitting Ed up for his Euro Style front opening vendor list, but if you are going to go with on of the more "commercial" tanks, I would go with a Zoo Med.

I haven't use an exo, and I probably never will. The zoomed has a single front opening door rather than a double and for the the life of me I don't know why anyone would want that very visible seem running down the front of the tank. I also recently read a thread that indicated the screen on these is fastened to the tank. (unconfirmed)

The zoomend screen top just pops right off. Big advantage during viv build.

Just some personal opinions..

·
Registered
177 Posts
When you have frogs making the break for freedom out of the opposite side of the tank close to the hinge....

All of the exoterras I've seen new, the screen pops out readily. It is held down by clips around the edges.
OK. Now I know why someone would want double doors. My frogs have yet to attempt a jail break.

Thanks for the clarification. I cannot find that thread that I was reading last night, but the OP of it mention "tearing out" the existing screen. Perhaps he was modifying the top to have an inlaid removable glass top and I misunderstood the process.

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.