Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey, I know what you mean. But for me it is my wife won't let me put frogs in the living room.

Curtis

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hah ! Nice photo !

I have a 55 gallon with leucs in my living room, but the rest of my "critters" are in the spare bedroom. The wife will only allow one tank in the living room :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the tank in the photo is my 90g I personally think it would be complemented by few vivs, but what with the puma & a non frog wife it's not looking so good (at least for now :D )

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a cat as well that would do this when he was younger (I have a picture almost just like that, i'll try to find it). He grew out of it after several months. I keep all of my reptiles but the snake in the living room, it's the main room I'm in so it's the room they are in. We also have two cats, it took them a while to realize they weren't allowed on top of the cages, but they have all come to realize (for the most part) that they will be "misted" if they decide to hop on top of the cages. Only actually had to spray them once or twice, now i just have to pick up the bottle.

·
Registered
19,354 Posts
I had a cat years ago that used to sleep on the light above the tank. She wasn't so much interested in the animals in the tank as the nice warm light fixture.

Our cat gave up on the animals in tanks as soon as she realized she couldn't get to them.

Ed

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm the opposite...I don't want my tanks in the livingroom. I've converted our diningroom into MY ROOM which is where I spend the majority of my day. Anyone who comes to the house knows exactly where to find me. No one (including hubby) has any say-so as to what I do in here. It's where I play on the computer (mostly reading), make craft messes once in a while, study (mid-life college girl), house my collection of books (mostly web design and Stephen King), and most importantly...it's my frog room!!! One day I hope to be surrounded by tank after tank of beautiful tincs! Can't do that if they're spread all over the house... :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm the opposite...I don't want my tanks in the livingroom. I've converted our diningroom into MY ROOM which is where I spend the majority of my day. Anyone who comes to the house knows exactly where to find me. No one (including hubby) has any say-so as to what I do in here. It's where I play on the computer (mostly reading), make craft messes once in a while, study (mid-life college girl), house my collection of books (mostly web design and Stephen King), and most importantly...it's my frog room!!! One day I hope to be surrounded by tank after tank of beautiful tincs! Can't do that if they're spread all over the house... :)
LOL @ Tank after Tank of beautiful TINCS!. I noticed the hobby has a lot of girls (NICE). Anytime I talk frogs to girls they look at me like I'm crazy.

I want a rack in my living room with some big plants and a pond for my turtles.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How many & what kind of turtles do you have ? I kept turtles years ago but the water got crazy dirty :eek:so fast even with a filter (probly not big enough) that I gave them to a friend

1 - 20 of 48 Posts