Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find one of these? Was trying to avoid eBay, but I have called everywhere within 150miles of me and no one has any. I am looking for just the body, I already have a Nikon kit lense to use with it and will be getting a macro. I also dont want to pay more than retail (I really dont understand why people are paying more than retail for them unless they really have way too much money....)

I have never had such a hard time spending money...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I contacted the Nikon dealer I got my D7000 from to see if they have any, and was told that the D7000 is scarce right now because of an interruption in supply from Nikon in the aftemath of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. I guess the law of supply and demand accounts for the premium prices being paid by those who can find one.

Hope you find one. It really is an awsome camera and I enjoy using it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think the bigger problem in the availability of the D7000 might be the flooding that occurred in Thailand, where this camera was /is produced. They posted pictures of completely flooded Nikon factories.
There is also already some talk that the D7000 gets replaced this year by a new model.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually found one. I am sure it will be replaced, everything always gets replaced... it is more camera than I need though and should last me quite a while. Definitely a nice upgrade from my very very old Canon Digital Rebel

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazon. The website said they were back ordered, but as soon as I placed my order, like an hour later they said it was shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts