Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am starting to get my wall of display tanks finished up and I am almost to the fabbing up the night lighting system for night viewing since the 3 cresteds and 2 mossy tree frogs I have are nocturnal. I assumed the red night bulbs are not visible to them since I hav a ball python and a redtail boa that both have the red night bulbs and it doesnt seem to affect how active they become at night. The only problem I have now is that I cant have the heat given off by these bulbs since both the mossies and cresteds are kept at room temp and cant be exposed to high temps. So I need to find out if the red night bulbs are a certain type of light, like infrared or ultraviolet... I have 3 single bulb power compact fixtures that I intend to use led's in. I want to drill holes in the empty optional second bulb side. Make nice clean day and night fixtures out of them. So does anyone kno what type of light is invisible to reptiles and amphibs? Ultraviolet (black light), or Infrared, or just a normal red light, and can you get these light types in single 3mm-5mm led's?

·
Registered
725 Posts
use blue LED rope lights. They're cheap and make great night lights. I do not believe it would disturb your animals to much. just an idea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.