Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

It's almost 4 am here, the room is completely dark except for my monitor, and yet one of my leucs is calling away. Is this strange? Any other night owls noticed this? :)

-Niels

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My leucs called a few times a week in the middle of the night. Occasionaly my pumilio and imitator did, but I dont here them anymore since I moved all my frogs to the frog room.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My imit. and pums. call at all hours of the night. I also have been woken up by my azureus a couple of times over the summer when a huge thunderstorm would role in.
ADAM

·
Registered
292 Posts
Your azureus woke you up? You're either a REALLY light sleeper, or your frogs are freaks!! :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that I, too have alot of calling from pums and castaneoticus at night. Usually an hour or two after the lights go out. It could be that many diurnal frogs call at the waxing/waning hours of the ay, but they don't get that chance when it comes to artificial lighting. Just a guess...

·
Registered
448 Posts
hahhaha no during thunderstorms they seem to be much louder. I think I am the freak lol :lol: my alarm clock can go off for an hour and I wont hear it but if one of my frogs makes a peep I’m up in a sec.
ADAM

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lately I've been hearing my azureus calling at least 2-3 nights a week, maybe more. They don't even need a storm. But they go through spirts - they're probably related to barometric pressure so it feels like a storm to them.

Randy said:
Your azureus woke you up? You're either a REALLY light sleeper, or your frogs are freaks!! :lol:
My azureus are pretty quiet when they call too, but I know a guy who says he can hear his azureus outside his room, through another room and around the corner! Wouldn't want those calling away 2-3 nights per week in your room, you wouldn't get any sleep!

·
Registered
292 Posts
lol! I think my ears are especially sensitive to frogs I don't hear that often. I'll tune out the constant squaking of pumilio all day long but as soon as my cobalts make a peep I've got my nose against the glass!

G

·
0 Posts
My leucs are currently in full breeding swing, and they are calling most of the night in almost full darkness.
MD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts