Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my first ever Neos last night. The edges of some leaves were curved in. So I soak them entirely in fresh water overnight to rehydrate. This morning, some leaves recovered, some still curved. My question is shall I keep soaking them until all the leaves are recovered, or some leaves just cannot recover? Or maybe I should take them out let em breathe and then soak again?
Thank you for any inputs!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Patience. If your plant is healthy it will bounce back. Sometimes it takes more than a day. Keep it warm and humid and it will come around soon enough

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I second that. I usually only soak them for a few hours at max (only as long as I can keep the water on the warm side - cool water can damage the plant more) and then they go into a nice warm and humid tank. Broms have very long lasting leaves, which means they can be very slow to recover from stress (softer leaved plants recover faster than more rigid leaved plants).

Broms will curl up due to dehydration, temps, or both. Given current weather in our area (I'm just north of you) the temps could be a huge part, and just keeping them at the warm temps they prefer could be the only way they will come back. If the damage is bad enough the leaves may never look totally right again, but all new growth will look normal. I've not been able to send or receive plants lately due to shipping risk.

They are not aquatic or semi-aquatic, so keeping them soaking more can eventually lead to more damage than good.

Hope they bounce back for you!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replying. I think it may take couples of days for some leaves to bounce back, but overall they are looking healthy and happy now :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts