Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here and to keeping darts. I am in the process of getting info and advise before I start buying frogs and plants, so fire away :) I am experienced with tarantulas and beetles, so I should be familiar with SOME of the terms used, I hope.

I am thinking of starting out with a 10 gallon tank and 2 frogs. I am unsure what kind of beginner frog is suitable or if the enclosure size is right for just 2.

Thanks in advance
Melissa

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Ok first start with the links at the top of the page. There is a ton of good info on those links. Second look into Leus and auratus, they are cheap and great starter frogs.

Mell said:
Newbie here and to keeping darts. I am in the process of getting info and advise before I start buying frogs and plants, so fire away :) I am experienced with tarantulas and beetles, so I should be familiar with SOME of the terms used, I hope.

I am thinking of starting out with a 10 gallon tank and 2 frogs. I am unsure what kind of beginner frog is suitable or if the enclosure size is right for just 2.

Thanks in advance
Melissa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leucs, and Auratus are good beginners frogs, but I would also recommend Mint Terribilis. They are such nice, bold frogs and their appetite matches their beauty. Good luck with whatever you choose. For plants I would recommend some pathos (or basically any plant that covers low to the ground and spreads nicely. I use mostly viney plants that cover low to the ground and sprout new roots all the time. This will fill you tank up in no time. Welcome to the Hobby, and good luck.

P.S. One last suggestion, always make sure to have many extra fruit fly cultures on hand. If you keep on top of making new fly cultures, you will rarely have troubles keeping your frogs at ideal health. (Unless of course there are parasites, etc..)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts