Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got some pretty basic questions so please take a small amount of time and respond.
1. What is a good beginner species?(i know i know theres alreay a post about that)
2.What are the best cultures to set up for food sources?
3.What is a good size tank size up to 20 gal?(can anything be kept in a 5.5 gal?)
4.Whats the best ground covering?
5. How big should there water spot be?

I am sure i will have more qustions later but its a pretty good start for me.

Some facts about me
I am 14 year old male
I am currently obsessed with my 12 gal nano reef
I am not dumb enough to NOT research for about a month
I care for my lil sis 2 hermits(thats easy though)
My family has 3 chickens and a dog and the reef and hermits
I am good a diy projects (i have made protein skimmers, refugiums, cultures, etc for my reef)
I hate dealing with crickets(thats why i like the fact that darts can eat spring tails, fruitflys,and larvae atc)
And if you have any questions for me feel free to ask

·
Registered
696 Posts
1. Auratus, Leucomelas and Teribilis are great "Starter" frogs. Research will show why.
2. FFs, FFs, FFs and some springtails.
3. Depends what type of frog you are going to keep and how many you have. ~5 gal/frog. 2-3 frogs = 18-20 gal tank
4. Depends on you. I prefer a mix of moss and leaf litter but others like just moss and yet others just leaf litter. Some just have the soil with no substrate.
5. Again it depends on you, but remember these are no aquatic frogs so a water feature is more for you, and to aid humidity. The frogs might enter the water briefly. A small shallow pond would be adequate.

Good luck, let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Oh, cool. I usto have reef tanks. I would say mangolia leaves or moss for substrate, or just cocobedding.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dendrobates auratus 'Hawaiian'

I realy like these and they are auratus like dunner mentioned Auratus "starter frog"

Could i keep 2 in a 5.5gal or is that pusshing there limits how many could i keep in a 5,10,20?

·
Registered
696 Posts
5.5 gal tank is too small. Start with a 10 gal for 2-3 young frogs, 2 adults.
I'd keep the 5.5 for a "sick tank".
Mike

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool i really want a pair that can breed do you know of anyone in cali i can get a sexed pair from for like $75-100 i know black jungle is selling froglets at the time for $22 a piece but shipping is like 75 itself.

I really think the low cloud effect is awsome and does anyone have any expirience with the Exo Terra Fogger by hagen or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha haa i got an idea! :idea:

I have a tru vu 55 gallon that i got for free from my neighbor with stand canopy and other aquarium equipment. I was going to make a reef tank but lighting is soooo expensive. So i thought VIVARIUM. What could i keep in that?how many frogs?How do you feed large tanks?

I said before but i realy like that low cloud effect and was wondering(searches proved ultrasonic foggers have some problems) how i could diy a humidifier to the tank?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts