Dendroboard banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, but have just made my 25th post, but cannot post a response to a classified ad. Why?
I've been a member for some time, but have received ZERO communication from any kind of administrator or moderator to "activate" me, or whatever - or however it works. Two PM's to "contact us" have gone unanswered. Is there some kind of glitch in the system?
Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is is something that you can 'pm' the person?

Or is it an ad that doesn't allow responses?

Hang in there - someone will help, cuz that's the kind of folks we have around here.

kristi

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's an example:
I wanted to respond to an ad, asking about a certain plant to purchase - but I don't have "permission" to respond to that topic.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
You are better off to PM the seller anyway. Try that till the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried PM'ing a few different ones, to see what would happen. I never get any responses, so I believe that they are not even going through.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The rules are in place to help prevent abuse. However - you can still contact others through the PM system.

Please try sending me a PM. If that does not work I will forward this on to Kyle (the site owner) for you. There should be no post requirement for PM's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just sent you one - and it doesn't seem to have gone through. There's no "sent" or "outbox" message to you.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
One more thing . . . You can request a read receipt with your pm's. That way you know if they got it - IF they agree to respond to your read receipt request . . . some people just aren't good at getting back to folks after the deal has gone through. That may be what happened to you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Done, and enabled sent items - works - thanks much!

Now, it only remains to be seen as to why the vendor isn't responding.

I do not see any guideline for the reason I cannot post a response on the vendor's post?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
From the top of the classifieds section:

*NOTICE*
Please keep replies in the classifieds to questions, answers, and seller updates. Other posts will be removed without notice and infractions issued. The classifieds are not intended for conversations, accusations, or opinions.
*LESS THAN 25 POSTS*
This section requires a minimum of 25 posts before you can create a thread or reply to a thread.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have more than 25 posts now, and I was asking whether or not they still had that particular plant in stock. (Two separate ones : Sinningia bullata, and Ficus p. quercifolia.) ?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
There is a time constraint as well though I do not believe that is publicly displayed (prevents people from gaming the system). If the seller is not responding to PM's/emails (you can send an email as well) you probably do not want to work with them anyhow (IMO). ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just sent you one - and it doesn't seem to have gone through. There's no "sent" or "outbox" message to you.
You have to check a box at the bottom saying to save your message in your sent/outbox. If you don't check this before sending each message it won't show there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts