Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dart frogs are recommended for a newbie. Easy to raise and hardy. Thanks. I am used to raising tree frogs but not dart frogs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
auratus, leucs, and any tinctorius morph

A lot of people will say to go with an azureus as that is a common beginner frog. Thats personally the one I started with!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
the "bumblebee frog" is a leucomela, I don't have any but they are supposed to be awesome - bold, fun, and pretty. a lot of people recommend them as beginner frogs. I have a couple types of tincs (tinctorius species... i have citronellas and azureus) that I love!

I would NOT recommend getting moss out of your woods.... there may be dangerous parasites or microbes in it that will not be good for your frog. chytrid fungus is a big danger as well :(

pleasedo some reading and searches on this website before you go out and do any more supply-collecting or buying. frogs aren't tough to care for IF you do the proper research and have the time/money/supplies to properly take care of them. but if you don't you could be wasting a lot of money and more importantly - needlessly make your frogs suffer and probably die.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts