Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Josh. I live in South Jersey and Marathon, FL (long story), and I keep alot of diffferent herps, and I'm especially interested in frogs. I'm looking to get into dart frogs, but before I do I'm trying to get as much info from as many sources as possible. My question is, does anyone have any books to recommend that are good for a beginner? Most of my concerns are with vivarium setup especially, so I'm looking for resources that deal alot with ideas for the setup. Any "dart frog setups for dummies" -type sites/books? I've seen the ones on black jungle and saurian. Thanks very much in advance. Really informative site, btw.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hello and welcome to the board!!!

I'm glad to see someone else from South Jersey here. Anyway, I think most will agree that Poison Frogs- Jewels of the Rainforest by Jerry Walls is probably one of the best intro books. It is good in general, but some of the info is a little dated.

In terms of vivarium setup- if you are close to Galloway Township you can stop on by and I can show you some of mine.

Have fun,

Justin

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Galloway is about an hour or so from where I'm at, but I might take you up on that offer to swing by sometime. haha. In the meantime, can you recommend any other resource as far as set up is concerned. Particularly smaller vivs. I'd like to try a large one sometime, but it seems more logical to try a small one to get my feet wet (pardon the pun). Thanks

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I too am new to DF and I'm interested in more information on setting up vivariums. Does anyone know of good websites showing how to set-up vivariums. I am interested in setting up a 10 gallon vivarium. I'm not sure where to get started.

David in DC

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Now we're talking! Thanks for all the suggestions. If anyone has a favorite website please post it. Also, can you folks let me know which breeders you have done business with and really enjoyed? So far I have used http://www.herpetologic.net and Sean was really outstanding. I will definitely use him again.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts