Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, picked up a 18x18x24 zoomed today for like $65 at petsmart so the much needed redo of my old tank is otw now. Picked up some great pieces of driftwood for cheap too, $5.

new terr by paintballislife85, on Flickr

background by paintballislife85, on Flickr

The center is supposed to be a tree shape, which it is, lol there is more depth to it then the pic depicts. The sides will be clay as soon as i follow up on some make your own clay threads lol. I dont know what i am going to put in here. I am prob gonna move my cobalt/azureus into in and redo the 18 cube i have. The cork tube there will be a stream that flows into a corner pool. This will be a three sided build.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Looks good Matt,

Like I said think about somethng that will use that height:

Leucs, Vents, Imis, Variabilis, Pums.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i know the two frogs i have now will love it, they are always climbing around. I need to redo the 18 cube so, they are going in their regardless for a bit lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Had a couple snags come up. Glad i found one now... doing a "wet" run of the pu,p and fall. all the holes i meticulously sealed up before mounting, came back. AND the tank was leaking pretty heavily in the back, glad the GF saw it because i wasnt paying attention. One of the those i assume its sealed things. So tonight I sealed everything up hopefully and will do another test later.

I trimmed about two inches off the bottom of the background, once i got it in there i realized the background was too long, unfortunatley i already glued it. So the roots are going to be covered up unless i do a shallow substrate (1/2" - 1") there, which i might do. Guess ill have to play with it as it comes out.

tank build by paintballislife85, on Flickr

·
Registered
898 Posts
What frogs are you putting in there? I have the same tank and planning on putting vents or leucs. Right now I am leaning towards leucs. The only reason I don't want imis for my first frogs is because they tend to be shy and scared of everything so you can't really see them to often. Most people see them 1-3 a week.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Have been for almost a year.
I plan on puyting the two I have now in there and start working on my 18 cube for some luecs or terribs
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Because I feel there is a lot of false information that is started by an inept few. Now, I know that these are both males, if anything ever came about that this was not true, I would immediately separate them. Both have been living together harmoniously for some time, since they were froglets in march/april. They are both very happy, and show no since of aggression to each other.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Well knowing they are both males is definitley better. Are they both bold? Like are they both always out? Neither seem stressed? Are they both eating good?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that you mention it I never see them eat and I havnt seen the azureus in about a month...

J/k they eat great and are always out
Climbing the glass and exploring.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts