Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finished building my new vivarium and it has been planted for about a week and a bit now. There are 6 bromeliads... Don't know their names because I lost the name tags... :eek: Theres lots of leaf litter, live oak and magnolia. Magnolia first, the oak, then some more magnolia, and topped off with some more live oak. Theres lots of it! Haha Unfortunately, theres only one type of spring in there right now but I plan on adding some more types.

Theres 3 clumps of ficus, one on each of the side walls and one in the back right corner. A vine plant in the front which I think might be something radicans. Theres one allocosia polly in the back next to heart-leaf fern. I'm just sorting out the temps and getting a permenant light for this tank. Background is a thin layer of GS and coated with coco fibre... Except some of it fell off. :(

I'm planning on getting some el dorado or cristobals so if theres any corrections, please tell me!

So heres the pics...

A full tank shot...

Left side...

Right side...

My little helper! :D

One of the broms.

Back right side...

Thanks for looking!
-Alex

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hey Alex,
Don't worry about the bare spots...the ficus will cover them in a week or so:)
Tank is looking good...go with the christos!
-Field

·
Registered
147 Posts
I personally like leaving some white spots on the background, makes it look more realistic since it breaks it up and it doesn't look like one continuous dirt wall since those wouldn't occur in nature, plus like another said the moss will cover it.

To me small white spots look like rocks that are buried in the dirt and are being eroded away.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
your going to need to move the broms out of the substrate. they need to be mounted to grow properly in your viv.

also. the alocacia is going to get too big. best to remove it now since its roots will quickly establish and make removal nearly impossible without a complete tear out in the future.

james

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drutt- The coco fiber fell off after I started planting them and had got the substrate in. I don't really care cause the ficus will grow over it.

Field- Thanks! Cristos are really cool. I'm probably gonna go with them.

James- I should have said fully planted in the first paragraph... The broms have been planted in the ground for over a month now and the only problem is one of the tip of the leaves is a little "burnt"... Don't know how that happened. I will watch them closely and see of there are any problems and I will mount them on the wall if needed. Hmm.... Thats annoying, I thought the allocosia had stopped growing.

Thanks!
-Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts