Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Botany Rectangle Wood Grass

It has been nine years since my last dart frog, or any frog for that matter. Before that I had kept several species of dart frogs and tree frogs. I had successfully Breed bumblebee dart frogs in a preschool classroom setting, which is very exciting not only for me but for the children as well. i decided that nine years was too long and while I love my tarantulas and millipedes they were just not enough and started on a set up for some green sips, which will arrive next week

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kohleria! Pretty leaves even before it flowers, fairly easy to grow, stays a reasonable size, grows fast enough/is large enough to take up some space, but isn't one of the 6+ foot monsters you've got in there. The Dieffenbachia, monstera, croton an parlor palm you've got in there will all get huge. An easy to find cheap plant that will fill up space quickly while being more size-appropriate is pothos. For smaller leaves, look into Ficus pumila, and there are a bunch of cool easier-to-find pepperomia that like terrarium conditions. I recommend checking out Facebook Marketplace for terrarium plants in your area, or Etsy - even if there isn't a specialized retailer in your area, fellow hobbyists are more likely to have appropriate plants for sale.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered these from LLL reptile. I thought that one was Pothos but it is standing up and not Vining so there's that. I was hoping that they would send smaller plants. there's actually two other plans that I could even put in there because they were huge. And obviously not all of the frogs will stay in this cage, I'm gonna start working on another viv in a few months for when they're bigger and need to be separated. So I can put those plants in there, cause I'm hoping for at least an 18 x 18 x 24 possibly bigger. When I purchased this terrarium it was on clearance at Petsmart for like 50 bucks, and at the time I just wanted to get stick bugs so it was the size it was acceptable for my classroom.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The purple? Plant is a Petsmartia fakis. It's a really pretty purple aquarium plant that I had in there originally when I was gonna put stick bugs in there and I never used it so I pulled off the leaves and stuck them behind a piece of wood just for color because it matches the plants that are in my tarantula cages

1 - 14 of 14 Posts