Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1.1 D.Tinctorius nominat, 0.0.2 D.Tinctorius tumucumaque, 1.1 oophaga pumilio bastimentos rfb
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was just creating this post for any suggestions for my tank to be changed or leaved like this. I have a pair of pumilio rfb in an other tank and i want to move them to this one as I’m getting a pair of colon bocas del drago.

I still have to get a neoregelia big O and put it in the top right corner and wait for it to grow in.

Any suggestions?

I‘ll be posting updates on the tank as it progresses

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If that is a heatmat on the left side of your tank, directly on the glass, I highly recommend removing that since this could be a potential risk for killing your frogs.

·
Registered
1.1 D.Tinctorius nominat, 0.0.2 D.Tinctorius tumucumaque, 1.1 oophaga pumilio bastimentos rfb
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity I have on the back of the tank behind a 5 cm thick poliuretan background and behind the wall would that be dangerous to?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And how could I encrees the temps for winter if I don’t use that mat?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that is a heatmat on the left side of your tank, directly on the glass, I highly recommend removing that since this could be a potential risk for killing your frogs.
And thanks for the answer

·
Registered
233 Posts
And how could I encrees the temps for winter if I don’t use that mat?
What are your temps? Above 22.5° shouldn't be a problem. I strongly recommend getting rid of it / heating only the room. NEVER use any heating element without a thermometer... and even then it's a risk.

Also, I would recommend adding more broms especially if you are planning on breeding them (you mentioned a pair). Looks like there is lots of space where the heat mat is on the "left" side of the tank.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Always keep your enclosures in room where the temperature is stable.

The reason why is quite simple, if an external heating or cooling source would just fail one time during a period where it really needs to work, all frogs in that room could perish that day or later from the damagr done.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Another reason not to use the mat is that the mat get's too warm and the glas will have the same temperature.

When the frogs climb on the glass, you get the idea..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would recommend replacing the palm ferns with something they could climb on. Maybe a pothos or a philodendron species

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What philodendron would you recommend?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Idk off the top of my head maybe a green Congo or a prince of orange. It will be kind of your center piece so I’d definitely recommend googling and finding what you like. There’s hundreds of different species. And you can plant their cuttings so if they get too big you can sell the cuttings. If you get an expensive one someone will be willing to buy the cuttings. There are usually local Facebook groups that just buy and sell plants. Also Facebook marketplace should have local plant sellers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts