Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first post on the forums, so hi everyone. I have been doing a TON of research on here and a few other sites. I figured I will put my build with pics up to help out someone else who was like me and wondering how the heck you do that. The viv I will be building is for a fire belly toad and green frog. Yea I know, wierd combo, but they have been fun to watch. The viv is a prebuilt cage I got at a show for a deal (can't remember the maker). I'm starting today and will post some pics later in the day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK well i had a good start today. I will start from the begining. Got the tank cleaned out and ready to work on.

Then I got my surform microplane and carved my waterfall.

You can pick this thing up at home depot. good for carving foam or GS.

Once the water feature was carved I laid down some silicon, I used bronze color and I really liked it, and put pebbles on the water feature.

I let that dry and turned my attention to the false floor I'm going to use. Got the egg crate and pvc at home depot for cheap. Still have a ton of eggcrate left over. I also picked up some insect screen and laid it across the floor. Keep the substrate from falling through.

I then took the eggcrate and made a barrier to keep critters out from under the floor. Applied the screen, and added aquarium silicon to it and attached some pebbles. Look alittle more realistic.

Well thats what I got done today. O also placed the pump and ran hose. That was pretty strait foward. Going to finish waterfall tomorrow and maby get the whole back walll done! just have to see.

O and I would love suggestions, since I am going to start a dart viv as soon as I get some more money. Wana make it perfect you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, not feeling the love :(. Well I finally finished. I got sick, and had several other things I had to do first. I will go over the final steps, even though I don't have picks of the steps.
For the back wall I used GS. I attached the back of my waterfall I carved out to this as well as some peices of a water bowl I cut up. I then used sillicone to attach the rocks and coco fiber. I wanted to place a plant on the wall, but everything I looked at took up to much room. Some suggesting on some small plants would be great! Well here is the finish project, as well as a video at the end of the waterfall.

This is link to the video!
MOV01272.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice, you gotta love the FBT's.

I have quite a few myself.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts