Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
That'll house 3 fine, however they do prefer a more arboreal setup. I'm actually just setting up an Aqua II for a small group of Varadero.

As to gender ratio, it's anyone's guess - if you want to breed them and you were only getting two I'd make sure you were getting a sexed pair. Obviously, going blind, you've more chance of getting a male and a female if you were going for 3 individuals.

If you're interested to see how the Biopod setup's been going from my end, and not without its niggles, here's a link to the build thread: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332337

·
Registered
211 Posts
biopod says you can keep 3-4 thumbnails in the terra. varadero are arboreal so they appreciate the extra height of the aqua II but the extra floor space of the terra will provide more space for a larger microfauna population.

regarding the chances of purchasing a sexed pair, if you buy 2 froglets you have a 50% chance of getting atleast 1 pair, if you buy 3 froglets there is a 75% chance, 4 froglets is 88% chance, and 5 froglets is 94% chance of getting atleast 1 pair.

Chances or purchasing a sexed pair chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
biopod says you can keep 3-4 thumbnails in the terra. varadero are arboreal so they appreciate the extra height of the aqua II but the extra floor space of the terra will provide more space for a larger microfauna population.
Very good point regarding microfauna.

Worth noting these are guidelines, so depending on how you choose to scape your Biopod will impact its capacity to house your animals. Biopod themselves said they would advise choosing the Aqua II over the Terra and Eden for most thumbs purely for the increased verticality.

Some species are more territorial than others (shouldn't be such an issue with imi. Varadero, from what I've read) and will appreciate more discrete areas that each can lay claim to. Less potential for this in the smaller Biopods of course, but worth remembering when it comes to scaping the vivarium.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, Thanks guys!
Here's the tank so far. I really only have 1 big brom and few smaller plants for good hiding spots. Do I need more?
I'll add some more ghost wood for height for sure. I was thinking of adding a few micro orchids but if I need more cover open to other suggestions

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts