Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these 4x tanks setup for 5-6 weeks, and am seeking some feedback. I have (2x) 20H and (2x) 40B; all vert conversions, and all connected to mistking.

My downfall is the landscaping of the tanks. I have a green thumb, but lack the skills to blend all the plants to complete the vivarium. I'm hoping some plants could be suggested to help fill out the tanks, as well as any issues with the current plant locations.

I also setup my first mistking system and am concerned with the length of time for misting as well as the number of times to run it a day. I realize that it varies depending on region, but how exactly do you tell when the tank is "dry" enough between mistings, as well as when you're over-misting?

Three of the four tanks have frogs and the fourth (40 Breeder Vert) is temp housing for a leuc trio until the 75 gallon they were in is finished with mods. I'm also looking for suggestions on frogs to put in this tank once leucs are moved.

20H Vents: FG Vent Vivarium pictures by bluestar451 - Photobucket

20H Vittatus: Vitattus Vivarium pictures by bluestar451 - Photobucket

40B Azureventris: Azureventris Vivarium pictures by bluestar451 - Photobucket

40B Spare Tank: Spare 40B Vivarium pictures by bluestar451 - Photobucket

Thanks

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
for the future, navigating away from the board is pretty frustrating, especially 4 times.

use the IMG codes and put the pics in your posts. you'll get many more responses this way.

james

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies. When I tried to make this thread and insert the pictures, I had to resize all of them due to size limit. I was trying to give as high a quality picture as possible.

Since you were so kind to point out the inconvenience in the structure of my thread, maybe you would be so kind as to elaborate on the proper way, using IMG, as I'm not familiar with it?

I take it there is no way of editing the thread to correct this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Let's see if I figured out my picture issue....

Here's the Spare 40 Breeder. I was hoping for some suggestion as to what frog to house, as well as comments on planting (as I said, this is one of my weaknesses).

And here is the 20 High that currently has FG vents. I'm hoping for planting comments, as well as any other suggestions.

The Vittatus (20 High)

And the 40 Breeder Azureventris

Sorry for my ignorance, figured out what I was doing wrong.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
kick ass.

i didnt mean to come off as harsh or anything, i just wanted to let you know that you would have much better luck getting responses with the images IN the thread.

it looks like you already figured out what frog to put in the 40B. leucs?

james

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James,

you didn't come across harsh at all, I'm just a noob to forums in general. The 40B with the leucs is just a temp home for them, I'm in the middle of replanting their 75 gallon.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
if you wanted to use it for anything else you would need to completely tear it down and sanitize EVERYTHING. its always a good idea to have large temp containers for this reason.

james

1 - 8 of 8 Posts