Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done setting this tank up yesterday its a 24x18x18. I seem to be the killer of all bromeliads so my tanks don't really have much of them. Let me know what you think.

And here is a update picture of one of my older tanks 18x18x18.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice tank. I really like the way you did the background. It is going to look really cool once the plants grow in alittle. What are you planning on putting in there?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice tank. I really like the way you did the background. It is going to look really cool once the plants grow in alittle. What are you planning on putting in there?
Thanks I'll be putting in a pair of cobalts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks great....it's going to look fantastic once the plants really get going!
How did you do your background?
Im going to attempt making my own on my next tank....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great....it's going to look fantastic once the plants really get going!
How did you do your background?
Im going to attempt making my own on my next tank....

Thank you. I used GS pond foam stuck some cork bark and driftwood in places I wanted them in. Once all the GS is dry I used gorilla glue (the one thats a clear brown NOT the elmers glue looking one that one doesnt work as well) to glue coco substrate to the background. I do this by laying down the tank so that the area that ill be adding glue to is on the ground. I apply glue then sprinkle the substrate on. I then use usually a piece of GS already dried extra piece that I cut off to push down on the substrate insuring that it attaches. Once it dries I misted it to see if there where any areas that were missed then went over those missed spots again. Sorry If I went to much into detail. I just messed up in so many ways on my first build then you could imagine. Good luck with your build and let me know if you need help with anything.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just transferred these guys over.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought I would post an updated picture of the tank. Plants have started to grow in and I added some bromeliads as well as some creeping fig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts