Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
havn't posted here in a while, and I am just now setting up my new tanks for future inhabitants. I "finished" the first one, I still have to put the door on, put orchid bark in and get a few more plants, but I have the layout done. I do have a question -- how should I go about making a vertical 10g door? Anyways here's the good(s):

Again, it's not done and has a ways to go but I just thought it looked cool at the moment and wanted to hear what ya'll think.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Looks pretty good so far...
It's pretty easy to outfit one with a door.
Use the search engine on here and you'll find several ways it can be done.
Have fun!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I REALLY LIKE THE DESIGN SO FAR. THIS VIV HAS POTENTIAL TO ME VERY VERY COOL!! IM VERY INTERRESTED TO SEE IT COMPLETE! GOOD JOB EVERETTC

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Contact FCA about a vert ten insert, I don't have any yet but they look great. Plus they are quick and easy to install.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok I'll talk to the FCA right away. Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Definite background. A vert door is simple. Go to Home Depot, get a window screen frame, the corners, spline, and mesh for screening. Of course silicone too. Put it together, that goes at the top of the tank, but do that last. Oh, and something to latch the thing down. Then get glass cut to fit the rest of the tank and cut that piece so one is four or so inches tall, but about 9.5" wide. That piece gets siliconed at the bottom. Attach a hinge and the other piece of glass. I put the hinge on one glass first, then the other, then siliconed it. After that I put the frame down. If you put the frame down and have a tiny gap, their is nothing to do, but the frame has a little bit of play.

If you don't understand this, let me know, I can probably explain it better.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Is that grapevine in there? If it is, just a word of warning, that stuff gets really nasty when kept contsantly wet in a humid enivornment.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea mydumname if you could explain that a little bit better it'd be appreciated. It is grapewood, which has me worried but it's a pumilio tank so it's going to be a bit drier anyways so it shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts