Dendroboard banner

new tank

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Here are two pics of my castaneoticus tank. It houses four castis, it is a 30 gallon, and it has grown in more since this pic was taken almost a month ago.

This is the left side:

This is the right side:

One of the castis:

Here is a 15 tall vertical tank that will house some brunos once IAD comes around:

See less See more
#7 ·
Ha, no venus fly trap there. You must be talking about the small plant in the center. That would be a young begonia rajah from blackjungle:

http://www.blackjungle.com/Merchant...ct_Code=B-BR&Category_Code=ET&Store_Code=BJTS

There is a link to it. Other plants include some tillandsias, neoregelias, java moss, and selaginella. On the left is a small pond and waterfall. I don't keep it on constantly and in the gravel is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis: http://www.blackjungle.com/Merchant...uct_Code=TP-L&Category_Code=A&Store_Code=BJTS

The background is great stuff and cocobedding and there is some ghost wood in there. Some moss has already come out of one of the background pieces and java has attached to the piece coming out of the water feature. But anyway, no carnivorous plants in there.

Any other comments or questions still welcome.

#9 ·
I'll give you a response. That is one ugly...Nah, its an awesome tank! You should be proud, yeah I say that alot, but it is very nice. It will look even better though, all vivs look better wtih time. I like the look of seasoned vivs, so post some updates later on!

G
#10 ·
Looks great! I really like the drip waterfall thing on the left. I personally would consider some moss or leaf litter on top of the substrate. I think it looks a little better, plus your frogs will be cleaner.

#11 ·
Yeah, so do I, but I have java growing now. It has attached, so hopefully it will spread soon, otherwise I will just buy more. The waterfall is also great stuff that sticks out. I cut out a shallow pond like area, the hose flows up into that, then it has two streams of water that fall into another pond area. The water is very shallow and it is filled with gravel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.