Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have 2 - 10 gal tanks with G&B auratus. I set up a new 20 gal not to long and am letting everything in it get settled. If i move all my frogs to the 20 gal do i have to break the 10 gal tanks down before i can put new frogs back in them or will they be fine in the already built tanks? I also want to know if male frogs will call even if they are not going to breed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why risk it? healthy frogs very possibly have some sort of parasite, just it doesnt become an issue b/c the frog is healthy. You drop a new frog in that tank, that didn't have that parasite.... that maybe stressed a little and it could get sick. Everyone I've talked to says tear it apart and clean it before putting new frogs in, unless for some reason you have an "emergency" and need to put the frogs *soemwhere*

Really though setting up the vivarium is part of the fun.

-tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bpmsac said:
ok i have 2 - 10 gal tanks with G&B auratus. I set up a new 20 gal not to long and am letting everything in it get settled. If i move all my frogs to the 20 gal do i have to break the 10 gal tanks down before i can put new frogs back in them or will they be fine in the already built tanks? I also want to know if male frogs will call even if they are not going to breed?
I wouldn't use the old tanks for new frogs. The risk verse the cost of rebuilding a 10 gallon tank is not worth it. I have used old tanks in the past to use as a raising tank for froglets from the adults I moved out.
Are the g/b auratus CB or WC from the shippments? Have you ever had fecals ran, to make sure they are clean?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The darts are CB and i bought them from Saurian. I havent had a chance to find a good herp vet in my area to get a fecal exam done. Im getting some pictures of the frogs and the tanks and ill post them in the ID section im having a really hard time sexing them. Thanks, Im prob just gonna leave those frogs in the tanks theyre in and buy new frogs for the 20 gal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry didn't see the second question.
Males will call even if a female is not present, but with auratus it can be hard to hear. It is quite and sounds like a muffled electric razor buzz.

I am looking forward to some pics.

Male and female D.auratus can be difficult to tell apart. The females are generally a little bit larger, heavier set, and their toepads are smaller than a males. The males toepads are about twice the size of a females or in some males the toepads are smaller like the females. The easiest method of sexing auratus is calling because only males call, starting around 8-12 months of age.

Hope this helps,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts