Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just finished setting up new viv and noticed this strange possible mold that resembles spider webs. Want to house Dart Frogs, THe set up has 3 levels of ground and waterfall feature in the middle. Is this Spiderweb stuff dangerous for the darts and should I worry about it. I am new to this but very eager to get started and enjoy the lifestyle.

Thanks

David:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill Have to check. Yea Its my first post and im not sure what the best site to link pictures from. I can view my pictures but only if i right click and then click view. It doesnt just show up in the post..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Probably easier to post links. Nice tank btw!
photo on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
106_0629 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just finished setting up new viv and noticed this strange possible mold that resembles spider webs. Want to house Dart Frogs, THe set up has 3 levels of ground and waterfall feature in the middle. Is this Spiderweb stuff dangerous for the darts and should I worry about it. I am new to this but very eager to get started and enjoy the lifestyle.

Thanks

David:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea. Thank you for your Comment! And help for posting pics! I just want it to stay nice and not get swarmed with mold...I just need to know everything is perfect for the frogs I get

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's common for new vivariums to become moldly. This usually occurs most with wood features and substrate. Just keep spraying the fruiting body (visible part) of the mold down and it will subside in a few days or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.