Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
This is my first post but I have been reading for quite a while. I am setting up a 29g tank, and I am trying to decide what type of frog to get. I currently have 2 D. azureus, 3 D. leucomelas, and 3 P. vittatus, and soon to be 2 D. tinctorius "Surinam Cobalt". I am looking for a bolder frog. At first I was considering auratus, but the more I read about their shyness, the less inclined I become. Another consideration was P. terribilis. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
i have 2 green and black Auratus and 1 Leuc in my 10 gallon tank.the auratus are VERY bold.i have NEVER seen them hide except for when i 1st got them,and i have had them for a little over 3 weeks.i have read that if you provide a lot of hiding places,it makes the frogs feel more comfortable and they will be out more.thats what i have done and i have had great results.good luck

G

·
the Leuc is pretty small.the auratus are a little big,but the tank is temporary.im converting my 55 gallon freshwater fish tank into a frog tank and then they'll all go in there.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
rozdaboff, how large are your frogs? I'm new to frogs, but from what I've learned 8 is a lot for a 29 gallon, and you have 2 more on the way? I was planning on stocking my to-be 29 gallon tank with just 4 Leucs, and possible a couple thumbnails in the future. Are they all froglets that are gonna get separated as they grow? Again, I'm new and maybe I have the wrong impression of stocking.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, this is a new tank

themann42,
All of my frogs are in separate tanks. Not only would 8 be far too many for a 29 gallon tank, but I would certainly not want to mix some of those species. I am building a new 29 gallon, and that is what I want suggestions for. Thanks for the concern though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.