Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set this up today and moved all my Tads to it. The compartments are only 2" cubed each, but seems to be plenty of space for Vent tadpoles. There is Almond Leaves and Java Moss in with each tadpole.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It looks like a neat and organized setup. I see some potential obsticles when the tads legs pop out and they need more of a sloping arragment from water to land. But for younger tads it looks great!! I assume each container lefts out individually for water changes?

G

·
Looks like a shiney new tackle box to me. LOL I think it could work fine if you have 2 of them, 1 for tads and one for froglets.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
each compartment is its own independent water source. It wont be hard to do the water changes since I am using a sirenge. I know that about 60ml of water is in it, so I will just pull out 40ml and add 40ml back. the $ of spring water may build up, but in the mean time I will make do. how often do yall think I should change the water? I was thinking every 2 days.. but may be excessive.

I havent started thinking about the froglet stage yet... not real sure what to do at that time. I do have a 2nd one of these though. I got this one at the Container Store and they also have 12 compartment ones that are 5" long with the same other dimensions (WxH), so I will just make a slope within there somehow.

At the rate these Vents are dropping eggs I will need 6 of these soon :) not that I am complaining!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to get an ammonia test from a fish store and test the water every so often. When the ammonia starts to get above 0.3ppm i would do a water change. Probably every 4-5 days would be my guess.

Luke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts