Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays been a little slow on the forum so I figured I would share my new T. pictum paludarium.

The background is black window film (on the back) The land is a box made of egg crate (expensive light defuser) wrapped in fine mesh window screen with holes cut out for 5" net pots. The pots are filled with pea pebbles.

Eggcrate Box \/
Plant Purple Leaf vegetable Grass Terrestrial plant

I also made a drip tube out of irrigation line, there are holes punched along the bottom. It is being fed by a EcoPlus66 pump (very good, cheap pump, I like them)

The drip line (it's job is to increase humidly and keep the water from getting stagnant) \/
Wood Building Plant Gas Tints and shades

Here's the completed paludarium with the frogs, There are 11 juveniles + my 3 adults.
Leaf litter is a wide mix of Magnolia species (I have an unlimited supply at my college). Plants are 3 birds nest ferns, one is something that looks like a Dracaena but is really in the same family as Tradescantias (I should of wrote it down when the seller told me)
also some Peperomia on a wood flat (could give you a species but then I would have to flip it over and look at the back... be reasonable!)

Completed tank with frogs \/
Plant Houseplant Wood Grass Aquatic plant

One of the many juveniles \/
Liquid Leaf Fluid Terrestrial plant Water

Blurry picture of the some more juveniles (see the 2 in the back top right) \/
Plant Green Leaf Botany Insect

One of the adult males taking a swim \/
Wood Natural material Liquid Metal Fashion accessory

Close up \/
Water Fluid Liquid Marine biology Rock

Expect more pictures soon

[Edit] One day I will be able to post something without immediately going back to fix a grammatical error
[Edit] Did it again!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's how the Tank is looking today. I added some dracaena I had laying around. \/
Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Wood Terrestrial plant

I also changed the drip line \/
Plant Hood Houseplant Flowerpot Wood

Here's one of my youngest frogs
Plant Leaf Flowerpot Terrestrial plant Liquid

Here's a juvenile that's farther along \/
Botany Plant Terrestrial plant Moisture Flowering plant

Terrestrial plant Plant Twig Wood Grass
Plant Leaf True frog Organism Frog

Keep it coming! T-pics are quickly becoming one of the top contenders for my latest viv...
Can't recommend these guys enough! Best theloderma if you want to feed ff's

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 eggs made it. One was unfertilized the other died after 4 days.

I have them in a 1 gallon tub right now (Ignore the other right tub its for if my T. stellatum pair finally give me some eggs, soon I'm gonna try things like playing flooding the tub or resort to getting a chiller or playing smooth jazz type music) the tadpoles are grazing on powdered algae, when they get bigger I will try adding some soylent green.

Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Glass Tints and shades

Cloud Automotive lighting Hood Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.

Here's a picture of one of at least 3 tadpoles growing in the water section \/
Water Branch Plant Twig Wood

Despite being younger than the tadpoles in my rearing bin they are still slightly larger, this reinforces my suspicions that a diet of strictly algae powders is not ideal. I will try adding Repashy Solient Green to the diet of the ones not living insitu and see if that improves their growth rate.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The T. pictum tadpole on top is one that was being raised on algae powders like in this article > https://reptilesmagazine.com/breeding-the-cinnamon-frog/ the tadpole below it is the same age and came from the water in my paludarium. Safe to say whatever the latter is eating is superior and as such I have decided to move my 4 algae powder tads into the paludarium.

Wood Fluid Gas Circle Metal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts