Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a spray bottle for my Whites Tree Frog, zoo med brand $3.99 at petsmart. Then i found out why it was so cheap, it didn't work well at all. So i went back and got the mister, same brand only $9.99 this time, thinking it would work a lot better...but it didn't. So off to lowes i went to find something a little more powerful. I found a garden mister in the pesticide section for $4.99. One spray with this thing, and my froggies went nuts! They started jumpin up and down on the leaf and then starting jumping all over the tank, and were very active the rest of the day.
I am assuming that they are enjoying it.
Anyone else seen this, are they enjoying the rain, or are they freaking out?

·
Registered
586 Posts
It was probably a reaction to the pesticide that might have been in the bottle...

Just kidding!

I work at Petco (sad I know) and a lot of animals become fairly active after being misted or sprayed. It might have the same affect to them as it does to us, water contact wakes us up!

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Did you soak the sprayer and rinse it out well before use? If you didn't the frogs could be reacting to stuff that has been leaching from the plastic. Or it could simply be due to the pressure of the mist hitting the frogs.

Ed

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use a sprayer that I got from Lowes. I try not to spray directly on the frogs because I worry about stressing them with the unnatural feel of that spraying pressure.
On a positive note, my frogs really seem to like the moisture. They do seem to be more active immediately after I have misted everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts