Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received 4 of these from Adam last week. They're 10 months oow. I'm very happy with them because of their boldness and the sheer vibrance of the colors. I purposefully designed their terrarium to have a low amount of bright green so that they are easily spotted. I had the pleasure of seeing (and feeding) Ray/Stemcellular's "Highland" variabilis in late 2009 and by comparison the "Southern" race is definitely larger and very bold (and prettier in my opinion).

Notice how the first frog could pass for a CV imitator!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Beautiful pics John......R. variabilis of both varieties are my fav.......Not sure how you get them to sit still for you to take pictures.....You the frog whisperer?

Reactions: johnc

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. They look really nice.
Bryan

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
oh man, it really isnt fair to take such great pictures of the frogs i just sent you ;) im interested in seeing a picture of the "striped" one, if you get the chance!

and as others said, im interested in seeing their tank.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful pics John......R. variabilis of both varieties are my fav.......Not sure how you get them to sit still for you to take pictures.....You the frog whisperer?
Oh, they move alright. Patience and experience help though. Mind you, these are easy to photograph when compared to wild salamanders (what i spend most of my free time photographing).

Very nice...any chance we can get a FTS, your description of it has me very interested.
I'll try. I'm a little ashamed that the tank isn't very big but it's all I have to hand right now.

im interested in seeing a picture of the "striped" one, if you get the chance!
Stripy is a very jumpy frog. I only photographed it once or twice but I'll put one up. Thanks for these great frogs Adam.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful frogs, John! As always, amazing photography! I really NEED to learn how to use my camera! I loved the contrast of colors between the leaf and the target(frog)! Very nice!!!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
John, thank you soo much for your generousity! It was a pleasure meeting you!

JBear

·
Registered
527 Posts
wow! those legs are BRIGHT compared to my old school tor line variabilis. beautiful frogs john!

·
Registered
725 Posts
thanks for my new laptop background! incredible frogs and incredible shots man. Good luck with those little jewels!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Dang, John. They are gorgeous. And, I must add that your photography makes every frog look great. You're not photo-shopping a little extra color touch up here and there, are you? :D JK You could make prints on canvas and offer them for sale. I bet there'd be a lot of takers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts