Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I made the sides with clay so i could plant broms on both. There is a brom club out here that meets the first tues of every month hoping to find some cool ones in a few days.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your tanks look great to me.. You will love variablis. Only suggestion I have is maybe get a bigger group with that large of a tank and setup that nice or you may not see them that often. Id go with 5+ personally. I have a calling group of 5 in a 10 vert.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deboardfam Yeah 5+ would be nice but way to much money for me right now.

Does anyone know the correct pronunciation for R. Variabilis I have a feeling im saying it all wrong in my head.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have talked to several breeders.. and we all say it different.
Some people say it like Vary uh bill us....

I pronounce it Vary able us..

LOL if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I like the over all look with the different levels. Is there a reason that you made your false bottom so deep? I don't like the substrate in the front of the tank to be above the front lip/vent. I would think things(including frogs) will be wanting to fall out of your tank everytime you open it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the false bottom is alittle high. I left it like that so if i decide to do a water feature i wont have to change much. The substrate stops at the lip of the door its another ledge that makes it look like it will be higher but you may be right the frogs would have a clear shoot out when i open the glass. Ill have to figure out how to stop that if i lower the false bottome now ill have to redo the whole tank

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lol, if we pronounced it how Latin intended it to be, it would sound like "where-ee-ay-bee-lees". The V is silent and the i's are E sounds. Sounds nothing like how we say it haha!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That looks great! I agree about the bromeliads, particularly neos. Even with plenty of broms available, however, mine seem to prefer white film canisters to lay eggs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts