Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm in Canada and I've recently put my hand on some of the ''farmed'' pimilio. I have them since 3 days and they are doing very nice but since I've speak with peaple about it there is more an more peaple telling me that most of the pumilio they bought died. I've heard this from Canada and Europe....it seems that they are all infected with fungus or something else???? This is scaring me!!!!!
I wanted to know what you knew about those facts, your personal experience....and maybe if there is a prevention of medecine for that.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll add that I've had my new female Bastimentos from the most recent shipment for a week without any noticeable issues whatsoever.

She began eating immediately after her release and does not show any signs of fungus or skin ailments.

David

G

·
In all the treads about these "farm breeders" never once have I read about what or how these frogs are feed. If they are not in the wild then are suppliment vitamins and calcium ect being added to the diet or just a pile of decayed fruit on the ground in hopes of ff growing, which is what was shown in one of the pictures provided in a past thread about farm raised pumilios.Personally I dont think I would purchase farm raised again without more details .

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Zoso,

What is wrong with the fruit on the ground, fruit has vitamins and the flies and other insects are going to be attracted and eating to that. The frogs are eating what is natural to their environment, native bugs. The frogs do not need supplements, the insects are getting it from the environment and a big plus the frogs are getting natural sun light. I see nothing wrong with this.
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
JJuchems said:
Zoso,

What is wrong with the fruit on the ground, fruit has vitamins and the flies and other insects are going to be attracted and eating to that. The frogs are eating what is natural to their environment, native bugs. The frogs do not need supplements, the insects are getting it from the environment and a big plus the frogs are getting natural sun light. I see nothing wrong with this.
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems
I agree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts