Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of my 55 gal and 2 tinctorius 'bakhuis' hanging out in a cave part way up "Frog Falls"

Enjoy.
Bo

Left side

Middle

Right side

Close up of the frogs in the cave

Another view of Frog Falls. You can see the frogs in the cave just to the right of the brom.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments.

The background is Great Stuff & silicone with dried moss pressed in. The waterfall is a styrofoam block carved to shape with aquarium gravel and moss siliconed onto it. There is a small pump under the gravel that pumps up through the middle of the falls and fills up then runs down.

Bo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morgan

The lighting is just a couple of 4' flouresent blubs in a shop light right now. I am working on getting them upgraded.

Tadbit

Hey!!! I did not know that there was nayone else here from Arkansas. There are several OK's & MO's and a few TN's, but AR seems to be slim pickens. Maybe we can help each other out with trades or such sometime.

Bo

·
Registered
194 Posts
It looks like your broms are starting to rot. I also had this problem because they are too wet, having them by the waterfall might be a problem. I would put their roots in a film canister or somthing to keep them dry.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tadbit

Hey!!! I did not know that there was nayone else here from Arkansas. There are several OK's & MO's and a few TN's, but AR seems to be slim pickens. Maybe we can help each other out with trades or such sometime.

Bo
Absolutely! Of course I have to preference it by saying once our new house is finished (in August *crosses fingers*) and I finally get my collection rolling. I lurked here for a few months before I started posting. Then it was time to put our house on the market. I figured having PDF's (while I think are obviously fantastic) might not be a big selling point to some people so I've held off for a year now and counting. Although I still don't have any PDFs I feel very book-smart about all I've learned here over the last year! ;)
Ah well, at least I think I've got a solid foundation to start from.

BTW I will be in the Bentonville area. Where are you approximately?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts