Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Doug at Floriansfrogs for my group of 5 P. vittatus. These are truy amazing frogs and I can't wait to breed them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302275734.922341.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have 2 P. vittatus. After a brief settling in period they are quite bold. They seem to prefer densely planted area near rock crevices as retreats, but can be seen exploring. When my female feels threatened, she dives under a stone slab that is surrounded by pothos. I think the key with seeing vittatus out a lot is their sense of security. Overhead plants such as pothos are a must IMO!.

Best of luck and nice pic and great looking frog! Congrats!

JBear

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vittatus are so beautiful! I'm thinking about getting them as my first frog.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Vittatus are so beautiful! I'm thinking about getting them as my first frog.
You really should! Easy to maintain and are prolific breeders if requirements are met. Not to mention amazingly beautiful. Particularly when viewed against the landscape of a well put together viv.

JBear

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics of the 20 long I set up for the group.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I love your beautifully simulated forest floor. I like the fact that it is not too busy, and provides you more opportunity to see your frogs. As a plus beyond that, you have chosen to use pothos, which I would trim only when needed. These tend to root in the air, and provide a real sense of security for vitts. Do you have alternative egg laying sites, or just broms?

Thanks for the pictorial update!

JBear

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JBear, I'm pleases with how it turned out. There are two coco huts with Petrie dishes as well as a few film canisters buried in the substrate. Everything is kinda hidden under the leaf litter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts