Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can I say I am a noob here. Been thinking about a PDF viv for quite a while now. I have previously had a reef tank, and my wife and I currently have a leopard gecko, three bearded dragons, panther chameleon, two cats and a dog.

I have been lurking and doing a lot of reading.

I am thinking of a exo terra 36x18x24or36 viv. I. Have not decided on species or plants yet. I think I have decided against adding any water features for more floor space and simplicity.

But I am trying to decide if I should drill the bottom to allow a drain or some type of overflow pipe that is hidden under the substrate. Or just siphon out the water every now and then. Also if I should do a misting system (will prob add Later

Any help or advice is much welcome also any one in swfl Naples or ft myers I would love a good local mentor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am thinking of a exo terra 36x18x24or36 viv. I. Have not decided on species or plants yet. I think I have decided against adding any water features for more floor space and simplicity.

But I am trying to decide if I should drill the bottom to allow a drain or some type of overflow pipe that is hidden under the substrate. Or just siphon out the water every now and then. Also if I should do a misting system (will prob add Later

hello there. Once you get into this. no turning back :), I learned this on here.I still fairly new but have some experince.

drilling into the bottom will be easy in the long wrong still have not done that yet, maybe someone eles can help you with that, But i made a creek so it look nice in the tank as well as easy to siphone it out

take alook maybe will give you some inspiration.
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/71693-20-gallon-long-rock-build.html

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Welcome to the hobby! I think you made a wise choice in avoiding a water feature. I'm sure the reef hobby showed you enough water... lmao, jk. I use egg crate false bottoms with a tube inserted for syphoning. The syphon tubes are easily concealed, and are a great way to keep drainage layers drained. Best of luck! I have a viv build article here:

Vivarium build terrestrial

Well for me a forbidden msg comes up when i click the link, so... It is on my website, www.salamandridae.com in the top right corner.

JBear

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome, I'm about as new as you and dumb as a rock when it comes to frogs but this forum is incredibly helpful and kind. And FUNNY. I'm glad you are here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts