Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Wasn't sure where to post this so my apologies if it's in the wrong section.

I'm George Watts, recently joined the forum as a new passion of mine has developed for frogs and the varying captive species, this extends both to Tree-frog species as well as darts. I'm 22 years old nearly 23, doing a masters in Forensic Entomology in the UK. I have quite extensive experience breeding various reptile species and a lot of insect breeding experience also, and have often come across frogs at events, other breeders, collectors and of course the shops and forums I've been on. Not too long ago I developed a passion for aqua-scaping and now more so; the development of small ecosystems, such as the "slices of Rain Forest" I see presented so often in the enclosures of these wonderful creatures.

It's because of this that I've decided (like all my projects) to start with a year or so of research, in which I'm hoping to develop a book / fact-file containing all the different species available on the market, as well as those in the wild and the varying habitats they're found in, not to mention all of the Flora that you would find in these habitats. I appreciate I'm a noob in this particular area and so most people will look to this as being quite ambitious, however I am the sort of person that believes you can never plan too much. With this being said I hope to spend a decent amount of time on the forum, getting to know each of the members, and absorbing as much information; and personal expertise from you all as I possibly can.

I thank you all in advance for the opportunity this will hopefully give me, and so look forward to learning from you all.

Many thanks,

George Watts (Newbie)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome. Very informative forum, but beware. At times members might get overly defensive with their opinions/passion, so tread lightly and enjoy!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome. Very informative forum, but beware. At times members might get overly defensive with their opinions/passion, so tread lightly and enjoy!!
HAHA!! couldn't have said this better myself.
Anyways ask away as there are a good number of members who are extremely helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words, today I've actually encountered some British Common Toads as well as several Grass Snakes, taken it upon myself to move some of the toads away from the snakes as there seems to be a much lower population this year. Snakes are eating them all up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts