G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Azureus..Ocean
Leucomelas..Bumble
Blue Auratus..Rocket
Powder Blue Tinc....Skylar
Citronella...not named yet

New addition today! In the acclimation Viv.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure do ...these boys are almost 2...The powder blue is about only 5 months old and the little Citronella
just came home today..He is in the acclimation tank...you can
see him on the left..::

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Uummm Skylar, you do know that all these frogs can hybridize right? Are you taking the necessary precautions to make sure that they do not produce any offspring?

Luke

·
Registered
707 Posts
Skylar,

Thanks for letting me know there is another Houstonian here :)

I was going to poke around and see who else was in the area. I think there is at least one other member with Houston listed as their location. If you are interested perhaps we could start a local PDF group. I can check with the Houston Zoo about using their facilities to meet. I know the herp club meets there, and I am a member of the zoo, so I think using their facilities may be one of the benefits. They have a pretty neat dart frog display if you haven't seen it already, you should.

At any rate, let me know. I am in the museum district about .5 mile from the zoo, but I spend almost every weekday morning in the Heights.

Marcos

·
Registered
487 Posts
tkavan01 said:
amphibianfreak said:
Trey said:
Glad to see u care so much for the hobby......................................... :?
Ditto

glad you guys show your age...

those frogs are looking good and healthy!
Nor did he mention anything about attempting to breed them and obtain tadpoles.

Nice looking frogs.

M.N

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Moe...As far as breeding...I had the males neutered and the females spayed...lol
Blort,
I also am a member at the zoo...My son is 5 and we are regulars there...I really like your idea of a meeting there..No, I have not made any arrangements for offspring...As I said they are almost 2...so i think if they were to breed they would have already..Frankly,
I hope they don't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they look good but i dont like the idea of having so many different species in a single tank.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You know, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, and I know we've all had this discussion before, but that sentiment has already been expressed, even in this post. It is understood that some people frown on such species mixing, but some don't. If that's the way Skylar wants to do things, let him do it. He said he's not going to breed them, if he did nobody would buy the offspring anyway, and the frogs look healthy to me. Let's not scare off any more "new members" with our closed-minded judgements.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
From how he wrote I think he has all males, so no hybridizing there, but once again thats an assumption.

Ryan

I beleive that coment he made was an insult....Saying your imature.
Could be wrong.

Ryan

·
Registered
313 Posts
ManofMusic said:
You know, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, and I know we've all had this discussion before, but that sentiment has already been expressed, even in this post. It is understood that some people frown on such species mixing, but some don't. If that's the way Skylar wants to do things, let him do it. He said he's not going to breed them, if he did nobody would buy the offspring anyway, and the frogs look healthy to me. Let's not scare off any more "new members" with our closed-minded judgements.

Bingo!!!!! you guys jumped down his throat rather quickly, when as manofmusic pointed out there's really no need to so so, so why do you have to go ahead and do it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How to tell sex?

How do i sex the frog..I have a new Citronela and want another one..
Here is the one I have..not a great pic..sorry

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can sex tincs well using toe pad size, but you would need to get an infocus closeup of it.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wasnt trying to jump down his throat, but i do have a right to voice my opinion on the matter. People can do what they want with mixing, im not telling anyone that they cant; however that does not mean i have to agree with it, or keep quiet. Not trying to make enemies here, but how would he have all males if he cant sex frogs?

He could have bought them as sexed adults........ im just thinking out loud.

Thanks for reading my rambling immature thoughts :lol: Just kidding, dont hate me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts