Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I just joined the site to learn more about dart frogs. I am a lizard man but want something else to add to my collection. I don't currently own any dart frogs as of yet but am looking to in the future. I wanted to research as much as I can before I decide to get one. I would also like to set up a living vivarium before I even get a dart frog. Just looking to learn the basics and go from there. It seemed like this was the place to be to for dart frogs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I like to do everything myself so I hope to have a living vivarium set up in the next couple months or so once I have researched more. I will probably add some frogs to my reptile collection a few weeks or months after that. I have already found a few local contacts via this forum to ask questions and possibly obtain frogs from.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome! I'm about 25 miles to the north of you. It's always nice to have more froggers in the area for emergency flies, etc! :) I typically can't find any fruit flies anywhere in Springfield, but the Petland on Battlefield has pinheads small enough for a larger frog in a pinch. Fortunately it's only ever been a problem during my first few months when I didn't have the swing of things and hadn't developed good bug habits yet. Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Warning the more you read about PDF's, the more you get sucked into the hobby. And wait will you see the set ups some of the more veteran members have. Between the awsome tanks and beautiful frogs...it will be hook line and sinker. :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome!

If you dont have darts yet, you should run away while you still can. Otherwise you won't ever have any money for the import things in life like women and wine!

You're on the right track with getting the tank set up well prior to a frog purchase. Decide on a good starter species, then design a tank for them. So many good build threads there.

Ask lots of questions. Everyone in the Beginner Section rocks and there is no such thing as a dumb question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all the great greetings. The Dart Froggers seem to be very friendly and willing to help out. There's some local keepers that are nice enough to let me see their setups. That is a great thing for me as I am a visual person and learn best by seeing things. I am a Art Ed major so hopefully with the help of the expert local and forum dart froggers I am meeting and talking to, my first vivarium will be nice for a first timer.

I know have have too many addictions already with hunting, art, leopard geckos, and much more, I figure what's another one gonna hurt. I don't really like idle time and prefer to be on the move. If I don't have something that keeps me moving, I will create something that will. Either way, it always ends up with less money in the wallet. :D

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Welcome!

If you dont have darts yet, you should run away while you still can..
Bah! Don't listen to Zoomie. Nobody likes him anyway! ;) Jk, Welcome aboard! It can be a very rewarding hobby.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great, the more we can get around here the better! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome aboard, I am in St Louis Missouri so I'm not terribly close but am always willing to lend a helping hand. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts