Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these four M. crocea a couple weeks ago, and they have settled in a bit so I snapped some pictures. They are really nice, they have a bright green/yellow body with legs that have an orange tint to them. Thanks again, Doug!

Bryan

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome mantellas! I wish they were more common.

·
Registered
309 Posts
beautiful frogs hope you have success with them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just thinking about calling, the more I look at them, they really are pretty big. Two are a bit larger than the others, but all are good size. I haven't heard any calling yet but I expect I could start hearing them within a couple months. They may just be starting but I'm not in their room a lot of the time during the day so I may have not heard it. I'm looking forward to being able to get these matched up with my male and putting them in a display viv.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't actually think I have any of him, I will try to get some eventually but he has certain favorite places to be that are impossible to clean the glass to get pictures. I will definitely get some once they are all moved together at least.
I might start misting and playing recorded calls in a week or so to see if I can get any of the ones you sent me to call. No hurry with them, just curious to start seeing how the sexes break out.
Bryan

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard calling for about 2-3 weeks now. I haven't been able to see any calling since they stop when they see me, but they are becoming increasingly more comfortable calling. I think based on body shape and size difference alone they are a 1.3 or 2.2
They are about full grown so as soon as I can sell some frogs and move things around to make space, I will begin their eventual breeding tank.
Bryan

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow they are cool looking congrats...what other frogs do you have?im also in baltimore trying to find other local breeders do u know any?besides sean stewart.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Great photos. They're are much more attractive than most other photos I've seen of crocea. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts