Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working yesterday and a new package came in.

Petco has just put out 14" bendable vines that are covered in java moss. They can be grown emerged or immersed and are only $3.99! That's a really competitive price considering the amount of moss that's on it and the work it takes to mount it onto the vine.

I was looking for them on the net but nothing yet. I'll pick some up on my next paycheck and post some pictures.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Think he was hoping that it was sold packaged out of fish tank. So would be contaminent free. I dont think i would buy if sold out of a community fish tank, but i will be going tommoro to see if they have this.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, thats the only place the stores will be able to keep it. You can ask to special order a batch in and specify that they don't place it in the tanks. I was tempted to buy them all when I saw them come in but I didn't have the space and money. I'm sure a bleach dip and a month to grow out and green up would do the job.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
the petco in union square nyc had these. They were in their plant tank. Im going to give these a shot. Why not?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just make sure to bleach soak it and keep it really moist while you transition it to growing emersed. Don't forget to post pictures!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Helped a customer the other day and he happened to find out about the product because of this thread. How ironic!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I treated mine in a 5% bleach solution and put them in the tank. I bought 4 and only used 2. they seem to be doing well. The vines dont hold as much moisture as I would like but It is nice to see some vines. They seem to be greening up well. Id like to try an experiment where I lay them on moist spag. I want to see if it will spread from there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts