Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys!! Im new here on the dendroboard!! i've been reading up on terrariums and vivariums for a while now and it's been a daily routine to check out the dendroboard for most of my information... It seems like the most informative forum online for vivarium, frogcare, and plants..
I was debating whether or not to make an account.... I mean what would i guy from a isolated island in the middle of the pacific (that has NO native frogs) be doing on a dart frog forum!?
Well i found a dart frog!! Dendrobates Auratus... We shall call him Monster!! You guys should here more from me soon... I'll try to read up so i dont have to bother any of you guys with redundant questions :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to DB... so where are you located exactly?
Well… i'm located in Hawaii on the island of Oahu…:D

Welcome! Looking forward to learning more about Monster. We'll need lots of pics, of course :D
I will post pics soon..

Well you need to ask questions if you want the best answers. You will find all of the help you need. Is your dart wild?
Trust me i will be asking a lot of questions :eek:, and unfortunately my frog is wild..

I will post pics of the setup and the frog soon… And a number of questions i have :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A wild frog from Hawaii may not be bad, they were introduced in Hawii for insect control in the 1930's. They should'nt be toxic, because that alkaloid plant is'nt native to Hawii.
Thanks for the info... Ive been doing a lot of research on the frogs, specifically the auratus.... but, it isnt the toxins i'm worried about; it's keeping monster alive... the frog seems stressed and i haven't caught him eating yet.. :(

Oh! There was another fella from Hawaii with auratus in his back yard. Beautiful frogs. Here's one of this threads.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...ckyard-hawaiian-pdfs-warning-image-heavy.html
I have seen this thread and it was essentially the thread that made me want to start an account... I'm going to try to contact this person and see if he can help me find a female... Maybe it will make Monster feel a little more at home... Hopefully

1 - 9 of 9 Posts