Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new here and hopefully I will be bringing home a nice tinc in a month or so. I am planning on a vivarium using terrestrial growth from my aquariums which I already have growing in a terrarium, which consists of Hygrophila, Rotala, Java fern, Anubias, Cryptocoryne, Riccia, Ceratopteris, Hemianthus and some others, I will also be using Malaysian driftwood or Mopani since it won't mold in the moist enviroment. What do you guys think of this idea?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you are on the right track. I live in the Grand Rapids area if I can help please feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awesome thanks.

Here is what some of the growth looks like in my 10'' cube.

The tank looks really nice. A 10" cube is a little over 4 gallons. I am making the assumption that you will be doing a little bit bigger tank for your frogs. Even a well set up 10" cube would be on the small side for darts.
Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tank looks really nice. A 10" cube is a little over 4 gallons. I am making the assumption that you will be doing a little bit bigger tank for your frogs. Even a well set up 10" cube would be on the small side for darts.
Doug
Absolutely, the cube was more of an experiment to weed the more difficult plants from the easy ones. I am going to be using a 10 gallon for the frog. I just need to propagate Riccia a bit faster.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Absolutely, the cube was more of an experiment to weed the more difficult plants from the easy ones. I am going to be using a 10 gallon for the frog. I just need to propagate Riccia a bit faster.
I have found a method that works well for me when it comes to plants. I just toss a bunch into the tank and the ones that live become my favorites;)
Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts