Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am rather new to the PDF community. But, I created my tank over a month ago now and got 2 little leucs to go in it. I was going to create a blog on here but I already have it all blogged on a website for my family so I thought I would just share that instead. The first two posts are about the frogs and my tank set up, along with how I created my tank.

Posts by Allyse « Love is Sweet

Hope you enjoy it and let me know if you have any comments/ suggestions.

Thanks!
Allyse

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? YIKES I better work on getting that out of there! I knew it grew big but I didnt know it was bad!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't quote me on this but I heard that plant on the right hand side of the viv my be bad for darts. I read that in another post. The Croton. It grows big too, just a heads up.
I believe the danger that was pointed out was the plant's toxicity when ingested. I'd wait for an expert opinion before you started ripping things apart.

Pat

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome, Allyse...you've got some great looking leucs there! :)

I just wanted to point something out... I may be wrong, but you can't always trust a hygrometer and in those pics with the leucs, your tank looks extremely dry. Are you getting humidity on the glass? If not, you may want to really increase your misting.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Wow that's reeeeeaaaaaalllly dry,order some magnolia leafs and put an inch layer,it gives the frogs a feeling of security,and will make them MUCH happier in they also if you haven't already put a glass lid on top,also take out the croton it's poisonous if ingested,seed the tank with springtails,and don't worry if the leafs get a little moldy,if they are covered in mold take them out btw your frogs are really cute!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, I also thought it was a little dry compared to the other tanks that I have seen. So I did get some leaf litter and put that in there. But it was engulfed in mold in under a week. My fiance wasn't too fond of the mold so I had to take those out and I replaced them with moss instead. Will that help at all?

The frogs seem to like that more. Except I noticed that one of my frogs got thinner and seemed to be having a hard time finding food so I put a piece of banana in there and now he looks very happy.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Most new tanks will go through a mold phase, but that will go away eventually. If you seed your tank with springs they'll also help keep the mold in check. If it were me I'd put a few inches of leaf litter back in instead of the moss, it's much more natural.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts