Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had an opportunity to obtain some O. Granulifera "Golfito" froglets and pulled the trigger. Extremely glad I did. These frogs are stunning and so far, much bolder than I anticipated. They are currently settling into qt/observation while I get their viv setup.
Green Leaf Botany Blue Nature

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Recently had an opportunity to obtain some O. Granulifera "Golfito" froglets and pulled the trigger. Extremely glad I did. These frogs are stunning and so far, much bolder than I anticipated. They are currently settling into qt/observation while I get their viv setup. View attachment 308172
I like the two color look, like they were dipped in paint. Very cool! is that a sexed pair you got?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got 3 unsexed froglets. The larger one pictured is probably close to sub adult. If I'm lucky, they'll end up as a 1.2 group. If i wind up with 2 males, I'll probably have to separate them. The 3rd (not pictured) is the smallest and only 3 months oow. It's taking melanogasters like a champ though. I try to get some more pictures of all 3 and once their viv is ready, some full tank shots.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
I have breeding groups of Golf and Osa. I've sent a lot out in the past 2 years, but I'm gonna guess ya got yours from Chris.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. Breeder lives in Colorado. Works only with a few uncommon species, Vincentei and Grannies. These are all Frye line from multiple supposedly unrelated breeding pairs.

In your experience, are your Golfs pretty bold? These are giving my Bullseye histos a run for their money. They literally have no reaction to me opening the viv and pounce on the flies almost immediately.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
ahh Michael then. He got a lot of his stuff from me. Your grannies are from my breeders. I have blue/green and red vins as well - he got a lot of those from me too.

I'm not a big fan of 'certain species/morphs/sexes are bold shy. These animals are more like people. Some are bold, some are not. I've been observing them for close to 20 years now and several times in situ.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stunning frog and definitely understanding on the name. The texture is really striking.

What size vivarium are you setting up. Something larger?
They'll move into an Insitu Amazonia. 22x18x24. I would love to go bigger horizontally, but I have an unoccupied space on one of my racks that fits an Amazonia perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts