Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Giant Orange Breeding pair from Richard, aka Woodsman...I gotta say these may be the sweeetest looking frogs Ive ever seen first hand. I think they are incredible looking.
anyway enough of me carrying on about them...here they are
obviously there will be more pics in the future when they are more comfortable with their habitat

Tank

Female

Male

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
hmmmmm.....
"Dendrobates tinctorius “Regina”
As the name suggests, the frogs originate from Regina, French Guyana. The first imports to the US originated from Ruud Schouten of Rana, to John Uhern and were marketed by John as “Giant Orange”. Subsequent imports through different channels kept the name Regina. According to R. Schouten, these two frogs are one and the same, and the apparent differences between the Giant Orange and Regina lines may be seen side by side in the forest." M Pepper

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Bill, no they are not the crosses, I'm sure Richard can elaborate more on the actual lineage of these guys... They are not what Richard considers his "Regina" line, but I agree that most likely GO and Regina are the same
Btw Bill I am also working with some of Richards GR so to answer your no these are not the GR And are 100% Richards GO line

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Bill,

This pair was produced from my Nabors line Giant Oranges. I kept them as a pair, as they have the most reduced orange pattern of any frogs from that pair.

I did send Troy 4 of the "Giant Regina" (GO X Regina) juveniles, as I have to about 6 others who expressd interest in them. I would say that most of the frogs from this group also look phenotypically like regular Giant Oranges.

Take care, Richard.

They are beautiful! Are they the crosses he was working on with GO and Regina?

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congrats, Troy, glad you like them! I was hand misting the frog room just now and, when I got to their now empty tank, it made me a little weepy (well, not really, but...) I'm always glad to find the perfect home for some of my favorite frogs.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heat freak I ave no idea what any of the plants are called...sorry
Thanks EOS

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks steve,