Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kyle,

You gotta do it! Do you have a time frame or are you still thinking on it?

I just got a reversing ring to play with and am going to try an old 50mm f1.4 reversed to see what I can get.

Tammy

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Maybe very soon. I have a friend that is going to loan me his 300D next week, with 3 lenses (kit, 28-135, 70-300). I have already played with it at work, and liked it. I have not found anything on either the 10D (used this at work for a bit also) or the D70 that I would use enough to justify the extra $400-500. My current plan, if I like the 300D, is to buy it and get some nice lenses, then upgrade the body next year or so if they come out with something between the 10D and 1D. Rumors are that they will have a 3D out this year. We will see. I'm looking more for the DSLR quality than anything. I could careless about some of the features or bursting. At least right now that is...

To be honest I would have bought one a month or so ago, but I keep buyin frogs. :)

skinnybonedog said:
Kyle,

You gotta do it! Do you have a time frame or are you still thinking on it?

I just got a reversing ring to play with and am going to try an old 50mm f1.4 reversed to see what I can get.

Tammy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kyle,

Well, I was lucky to get the camera gear before I started buying more frogs again :) So now I am broke but just bought more frogs myself...will it ever end. There is always that "once I get such and such species I will stop" but it never seems to actually happen that way. I got such and such species (for me it was reticulatus) and then comes some other frog I "just have to have" or I end up with all male or ???

Tammy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts