Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a frog and had it sent to a fed ex hold..I thought I would be able to pick it up on the way to work but it not arrive early enough. Will the frog be alright for a few hours there?
Also, should the frog be fed a little right away or just set up to get comfy, etc.

·
Registered
759 Posts
It wil be fine. Most likely sent with some wet material. And you can feed it right away, wont make a difference. May to too occupied being scared and getting to know new environment to eat, and it may not. Either way, your safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frog was fine and thank you. I was concerned a little, the box was quite warm when I picked it up, it was thoroughly insulated and contained a heat pack. It was not overly warm however. I did find it appalling that the clerk brought me this tiny box tossing and twirling in his fingers so nonchalantly, I had to remind him about the package being a live animal. :eek:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Frog was fine and thank you. I was concerned a little, the box was quite warm when I picked it up, it was thoroughly insulated and contained a heat pack. It was not overly warm however. I did find it appalling that the clerk brought me this tiny box tossing and twirling in his fingers so nonchalantly, I had to remind him about the package being a live animal. :eek:
Must have been hard to not punch him in the face!

Grats on your new frog :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
It should say live animal on the box.... I would have chuck norris'd over that counter in 0.3 seconds.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It should say live animal on the box.... I would have chuck norris'd over that counter in 0.3 seconds.
It wouldn't have mattered if it did. I wish I had a dollar for every time I handed over a package that said "Live Harmless Amphibian" and had the FedEx/UPS guy spin the package in his hand. Packing strategies try to take this into account.

But that doesn't mean a roundhouse would have been a bad idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah..box didn't say live animal. It was about a 5 month juvenile though and very well packed, a yellow galactonotus..love it. Already scarfin' down ff

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I just picked some frogs up from fed ex today. The guy that shipped me the frogs had in big letters perishable with arrows pointing up, and took the time to write live tropical frogs on the box, and the fed ex guy still rolled the box around like an idiot.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
We are required by the Lacey act to write the species of live animal being delivered. Other than that, it simply does not matter how you label your package. Every shipping company will treat them the same way...like a football. We have to assume that our packages will rock, roll, tumble, be dropped, spun, and tossed into a pile. It is up to your breeder to know this and to pack your frogs accordingly.
I'm glad yours made it to you safely!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This yellow galac's only 5 months oow and looks to about 1inch. I am still trying to get the hang of feeding, I see him eating flies but there always seems to more flies crawling around when i think it's next feeding time.
I'm keeping the frog in a 190 oz. plastic tub w/ towels, coco hut and a few magnolia leaves. How soon could i consider moving this frog to my 65g main display.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice frog. Those are growing more and more on me

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts