Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered tonight that my darts LOVE baby superworms. :lol: I used a wire strainer to get the really tiny ones to fall through (I breed them for my spoiled rats and anoles and tree frogs at various sizes) but for some reason didn't think of feeding them to the darts until tonight when I was sifting through the beding and saw the really tiny ones about the size of hydei larve (although a little longer) and thought I'd give it a try. Tried picking them out individually and that took too long :? and then just dumped a load of the beding in the wire strainer and let the small ones fall through. That worked. :D Anyone ever try this before? How good of a food source is this for them? I know they can't be that high in chiten because they are smaller and softer then the adults but any other known problems?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I know a breeder in my area use to use them alot to condition his adult frogs for breeding, he stopped because his supplier lost his colony, and he cant raise them due to his allergies. He never had a problem with them, and he says they work almost as good as termites for conditioning breeders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts